Pembina Trails students are encouraged to attend one of their “neighbourhood schools” – a school within their catchment area. However, if you wish to enrol your child in a school outside of your catchment area, or if you live outside of the Pembina Trails division and would like to register your child at one of our schools, you may submit a Schools of Choice request.
Schools of Choice requests are considered by the principal and the Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources and Policy, for the school of choice. Decisions are based on provincial guidelines and students are enrolled in the following order of priority:
- students living in the school’s catchment area
- students living in the division, but outside of the school’s catchment area
- students living in another division
Acceptance to attend a school of choice also is influenced by:
- the cap of 20 students per class in kindergarten to Grade 3
- school population, available space and resources
- the date of application (applications are processed by the date received)
For all other grades, Schools of Choice application forms may be submitted immediately following the winter break, but schools cannot accept students outside of their catchment area until the end of April at the earliest. All catchment students need to be accounted for and have a place in a classroom before a principal may accept enrollment of students under Schools of Choice.
- Kindergarten Schools of Choice application forms are distributed at Kindergarten Information events.
- Application form for students within Pembina Trails
- Application form for students outside of Pembina Trails